TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ipad

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Ipad users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 11, 2018Karuuna25 01-11-18  3:05 pm
Archive through July 23, 2018Spear25 07-23-18  8:33 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 23, 2018 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Check your settings, too - if the apps aren't set up to "background refresh" it will save battery. You don't have to close them out, but they'll update when you "open" them again rather than running in the background when you're not using them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 23, 2018 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you! Fixed it :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 23, 2018 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay, Kitt!!! I have had an iPad for about a year, ever since we were in Vietnam in a hotel that finally had wi-fi, and I could not GO anywhere on my android, which was a really expensive top of the line Samsung, but I hated it. So, after about an hour, I gave up in frustration and shut it down. And THEN I noticed I had a hotel-supplied iPad mini sitting over on a desk for my "convenience", and I got on that thing and was off to the races, knowing absolutely NOTHING about the operating system. It was that intuitive! I came home and bought an iPad Air, which I LOVE, and I still have not taken any lessons, although I keep meaning to.

You keep asking those questions, kid.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm not much into tablets. I still have my iPad 1 (yes, one) which I haven't charged for a year or two, but probably still would work for as much as it would do. Never got another iPad. Currently have a getting older Amazon Fire that I still use and like.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. For me it's a camera with a phone attached. I like it, but smartphones (iPhones) are getting too complicated. Too much on it that I don't care about. Or could but getting too much for my aging gray matter. Yet I will say that Apple devices are for the most part intuitive. I switched from PCs to Macs (MacBook Pro) in February '10. Best thing I ever did. Scared when I first brought it home. Didn't take long and I was on-line . . . .

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
One of the first things I did was put all the rubbish apps into a folder (those I couldn't delete) and shove them to the second page. The only apps I've got so far are Firefox, Gmail, Skype, Netflix and Overdrive (the library e-reader).

Oh, and DirecTV. It looks like I will be able to watch shows from my dvr when I am away from home, which sounds very handy. Have yet to test it though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds cool. Overdrive is a great app for borrowing library books!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I love Overdrive, Jimmer. I will get a book on Amazon that's part of a series and if I like it I go on Overdrive to see if my library has the rest of the series. I often save quite a bit of money that way.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have Overdrive and some other kind of Kindle-type app on my iPhone SE (small one), just in case I get panicked and find myself with nothing to read during an idle 90 seconds, god forbid it should ever happen. I don't actually know how to use it, but by golly it is THERE just in case, LOL. Sort of like Bigdog with his astronomy apps on his phone, except he does use his.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another question!

When I’m typing in the box here on my pc, I can use the up or down arrows to navigate up or down within the box. On the iPad when I use the up and down arrows they take me between input boxes, so one down arrow takes me to the use4nane, the next to the password etc.

How do I scroll up within the box, to get to the first part of this post (as I’m writing it)?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
An example of that was that when I typed use4nane in the above post, because that was beyond the bottom line of text visible in the typing box, I couldn’t work out how to get to it to correct it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It can be a bit hard to scroll within text boxes on the iPad or iPhone. You just kind of swipe within the box with your finger and it will scroll. But if you swipe outside the box it will scroll the entire web page. Another way you can scroll or move the cursor more precisely is press and hold and a magnified area of the screen will appear and then you can move around more precisely. Hard to describe but you'll know what I mean once you try it (hopefully). :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ok, block of text to try it out...

Dumdedumdumdum

Potato

Cauliflower

Cabbages

Ha ha, yes, thank you, it works! I was just doing movements too big for the box,

Many thanks!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Uh oh, Kitt just zoomed around me on the learning curve.

Keep those questions coming, Kitt.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: