TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2nd Show, Mar 15

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXIV: Game Changers: 2nd Show, Mar 15 users admin

"Survivor"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 15, 2017Brenda196625 03-15-17  10:30 pm
Archive through March 16, 2017Biscottiii25 03-16-17  6:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Did Sandra always look and sound so mean? I remember that I liked her pretty well on her first season, and I liked that she went against Russell the second time she played, but I can't stand her this time. She seems really full of herself and just plain mean.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the article, Biscotti.

It's disappointing to know that there are pregame alliances going on. Oh, well.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
YVW Grooch! Looks like it answered some of the questions being asked here too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also laughed that JT left them in the ocean. I loved how they were all laughing about it too!

I like Sandra but she lost major points last nite. They arent even close to starving and she came off so cruel!!!!!!!

So sad Caleb left. I hope that whole team loses!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, according to Caleb, we didn't see how many times Tai tried to change the boot but he couldn't and he was basically told if he didn't vote to boot Caleb, he'd be next.

Caleb also said it wasn't shown but Hali used the fact that Tai attended Caleb's wedding to illustrate how close they are.. but no one would listen when Caleb countered that Hali and Sierra were on the same season and had matching tattoos.. so it sure seems they are close.

Anyway, Caleb says he would have made the same choice as Tai did and holds NO hard feelings.

He also says that someone had badmouthed Sandra before the season but after being on the season, Caleb has done a total turnaround in how he feels about Sandra.

Anyway I thought that was interesting. Caleb seems to have his head on straight about the possible significance of a tv competition in his life..

Biscotti, thanks for that link!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wasn't a fan of Caleb in the early days of Big Brother but it appears that he has grown both as a contestant and as a person. You could see that as his BB season progressed and further again on both Survivors. Seems like a nice guy.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
According to Caleb's interview above: 'Sierra and Hali had played before together. They were friends and got matching tattoos and all that good stuff from their prior [Survivor: Worlds Apart] season.'
Yet I am sure I remember Sierra at tribal saying something like although she and Hali had played together previously they hardly knew each other. Nice try Sierra. Are their matching tattoos not visible?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
http://insidesurvivor.com/shirin-oskooi-talks-hali-and-sierra-25605

here's a little interview. I'm not sold that these two are in an pre-existing alliance.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think Caleb got a unjustified bad rap on BB. I agree he was focused on Amber... BUT his fellow alliance mates (Derek/Cody and others I believe) fanned the flames by telling him he she was interested in him. He was at fault for believing them. It's no big wonder that once she was gone he changed and the funnier side of Caleb emerged. I think he was at a vulnerable stage of his life where he really wanted a girlfriend and was looking for soulmate, wanting to settle down.

I think Caleb is a good guy... His exit interview with Rob Cesternino was good that he is able to put the show into perspective.

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2017-exit-interview-podcast-game-changers-caleb-reynolds-march-16/

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Although I think she is a bit harsh this time, I hope Sandra wins.

Don't know why so many were up in arms about the goat. It was highly unlikely they would kill it. Many, many, many animals are for eating, goats among them. They very well may have eaten all the meat for those alarmed at potential waste and if they didn't, well food is wasted all the time. Look at plates the next time you go out to eat. I don't think people should be wasteful, however, it happens. They may have gorged on meat then kept a stew simmering on the fire for a long time. Remember some seasons back one of the women killed and ate some sort of mouse/rodent. People seemed to think that was just gross not "goat" wrong.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll repeat part of what I said before. I think it is an unnecessary part of Survivor that doesn't make the show interesting or better. That said, I have eaten goat (and beef, pork, turkey, etc.), though certainly not any that I killed and butchered myself. Is that better?

So while I won't criticize the contestants, I will criticize the show producers for trying to generate "buzz" about the show by featuring the possibility that they may kill a goat when it added little to the story and didn't happen (at least in that episode, anyway).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, if we're going to compare how we eat goat outside of survival situations, let's do a full comparison.

Mama goats, with a dependent kid, are not killed, since that also results in the death of the baby.

Of course, we usually eat baby goats, so that the moms can be milked and we can have the popular goat cheeses.

Plus, what method do they have for killing a goat humanely?

Personally, I eat almost no meat, because of the cruelty in our meat & dairy industry. So yeah, I would be up in arms over them killing a mama goat, in what would likely be an inhumane way, and dooming the baby. Most certainly I would.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well said. Totally unnecessary for the show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
One of the Survivors even commented on how easy the mother goat was to catch, after they nabbed the baby. She didn't want to leave it of course.

Are these wild goats, or does somebody on the island own them?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They are considered an invasive species on the Islands, causing degradation of the environment and loss of endemic species like the iguanas.

There have been several operations to try to remove rats and goats, but apparently not completely successful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is the baby bucks who are most often sold off, presumably to be eaten. Does can be milked and they are bred to keep that flowing.

I certainly eat meat, so I cannot logically condemn killing animals for consumption, but unleashing reality show competitors to kill animals just is not entertainment.

I am happy they let the mom and baby loose..

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering if Redemption Island will play a part of Game Changers

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hoping not..

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
SeaMonkey, I find myself agreeing with you on so much with Survivor. Here's hoping the same will happen with Big Brother this summer. Lol!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree with Seamonkey & Grooch!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I loved the tribes switching and splitting! I had mentioned that I would do this very thing to my husband and then they did it.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Caleb Reynolds talks 'Survivor' -- Brad Culpepper was scared to have another alpha male in his tribe

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-caleb-reynolds-talks-survivor----brad-culpepper-was-scared-have-another-alpha-male-in-his-tribe-21687.php

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: